The seven chakras
are considered the main energy centers of the body. When their energies are blocked, you can feel physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual distress. In this blog, learn about the seven chakras and how specific tools can help with clearing their energies to help you create a happier, healthier, and more peaceful life.
What are the Seven Chakras?
The seven chakras, or energy centers, are located at specific points in your body and work together in unison to generate your life force energy.
When your chakra energies are balanced, you can feel more stability in your mind, body, and spirit. However, your chakras can get blocked due to numerous causes. The most common causes of chakra blockage include work, stress, poor diet, sexual oppression, illness, grief, heartbreak, rejection, resentment, financial turmoil, and more.
The seven main chakras are:
- 1. The Root Chakra is identified by the red color and is located at the perineum for men and cervical area for women. It represents support, financial stability, and strength.
- 2. The Sacral Chakra is located in your pelvic region two inches below the belly button. It represents creativity, groundedness, and sexuality and is orange-colored.
- 3. The Solar Plexus Chakra is located in the space under your ribcage and represents self-confidence, personal power, and the power of transformation. It is identified by the yellow color.
- 4. The Heart Chakra is a green-colored chakra located in your chest and is related to emotions around the heart, self-love, compassion, and empathy.
- 5. The Throat Chakra is located right in the middle of your throat, is sky-blue colored, and is associated with your communication skills, expression, and inspiration.
- 6. The Third Eye Chakra is an indigo-colored chakra located an inch above and between your eyebrows and connects to your brain's pineal gland. It represents telepathy, visualization, and imagination.
- 7. The Crown Chakra is located at the top of your head or your crown and is symbolically represented by violet-colored petals. It represents your consciousness, awareness, and your spiritual connection to the universe.
How to Open Your Seven Chakras
The energy of the seven chakras can be opened by doing meditation, using crystals
, practicing affirmations
, and behavioral changes. Each chakra has specific techniques that can help it become balanced.
Written by meditation expert Ilchi Lee, the book Healing Chakras: Awaken Your Body’s Energy System for Complete Health, Happiness, and Peace
provides principles, imagery, and guided meditations on a unique chakra therapy system derived from a 9,000-year-old sacred text of Korean-Asian tradition. This scripture comes into play in the modern world of chakras as it summarizes life and evolution to help enhance your physical, emotional, and spiritual growth for years to come.
Also unique to Healing Chakras
are 45-minutes of audio chakra meditations, some involving chakra colors, as well as other energy sensitizing and activating exercises. It includes guided meditation music performed by the author himself using only instruments with natural sounds such as the wooden flute, rain stick, and vibraphone, among others.
This chakra therapy system can help you:
- Improve your clarity of thought and concentration
- Balance and stabilize your emotions and achieve inner peace
- Uncover your passion and compassion
- Reduce stress and create a feeling of groundedness
If you’re interested in learning in-depth principles about the seven chakras and how to live a life of physical, mental, and spiritual health through personal training and meditation, try Healing Chakras
on sale now at the Change Your Energy online shop
. Additionally, check out the Healing Chakras Meditations & Affirmations
standing booklet and place it on your desk for a continuous reminder of your commitment to complete energetic balance.